Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Plain ol' Journal Entry

Today was a rather strange day. Unusual yet strangely normal feeling. It's hard to explain. Anyway, here is a little journal entry about it. A friend took me out to lunch in celebration of my birthday to my favorite local coffee shop/restaurant. I had one of the best Reuben sandwiches in the world and discovered that Little Man doesn't like corned beef but likes pickles. We had a lovely time chatting and enjoying being together.




I had to include a picture of him chowing down on the dill pickle spear that was garnishing my plate.

After we were done with lunch, we came back to my house where we put the finishing touches on my bedroom curtains (pictures coming soon--I still have to finish painting the window sills in there, then I'll put up my curtains).

At about 2:30, my husband (who got off of work early!), son, and I took off to the nearest "big" town (it has a Walmart and more than three traffic lights and is an hour away from our town) to pick up my husband's glasses and to get my eyes checked and new glasses ordered for me. I like my new glasses frames. They're definitely a change, but I think it's a good one. A huge blessing is that the Doctor checked my eyes for RP (a genetic degenerative eye condition that runs in my family; my mom has it and is legally blind), and apparently there is absolutely no sign that I have it! I am very thankful.

We got some diapers, picked up a few things for some friends (remember, Walmart is an hour away), meandered around (that's what it felt like, at least) and headed home.

On the way home we enjoyed a breathtakingly beautiful view of the starts that can only be enjoyed from nearly the middle of nowhere. I love looking at the stars. Seeing the uncountable number of them makes me feel small in a good way, reminding me how mind-bogglingly big my God is. I am so glad He is in control of what happens and that He cares about the smallest things that happen in my life.

Finally, I want to share some photos from last weekend of Little Man. Here he is enjoying his first experience in a big pile of crunchy autumn leaves.

















And here he is fascinated by a pumpkin.



















He stood himself up! I could hardly believe it. He hasn't really started taking steps yet, but it's coming all too quickly. I find that I'm enjoying each stage more than the last one, which seems hard to believe since they're all so enjoyable.








Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Raise Them Up said...

What an absolutely beautiful--oops--handsome--little guy you have! They do grow too quickly, don't they? Happy birthday to you! I hope it was a special day.

You really had snow already?? Man, oh man, winter is coming fast.

I appreciate very much your words of encouragement, as well as your prayers. Blessings, K

Tammie said...

i'm curious to know if they did the peripheral vision test.