Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Scalloped Potatoes

Last night I made scalloped potatoes for dinner, and if I hadn't been so exhausted, I would have shared the recipe yesterday. But I was, so you get it today. ; ) I love the thick, creamy yummy-ness of these, and scalloped potatoes are one of the few ways my husband really enjoyed potatoes.

Scalloped Potatoes

3 tablespoons olive oil
3-4 tablespoons flour (depending on how thick you like your scalloped potatoes)
2 1/4 cups milk
1/2 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
1/8 teaspoon pepper
6 medium potatoes (red ones work best, but plain old russets work too)

~Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
~In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the olive oil slightly. Whisk in flour. Add milk, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the mixture is thick and bubbly.
~Peel or scrub the potatoes. Slice them into 1/4 in slices. (I have a crinkle cutter from Pampered Chef that I like to use, but a plain knife would work as well.)
~Layer the potatoes with the sauce in a deep, round 9 inch casserole dish or an 11"x7" dish, making sure there is a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the dish as well as a layer on top of the potatoes.
~Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Take the foil off and bake for another 15 or 20 minutes.
~Let cool for 5-10 minutes, and serve! Yum, yum.

1 comment:

Robert Sagor said...

Mmmm Sounds nummy!

I have been looking and looking for your blog all over in the blogs I subscribe to, by I subscribe to probably around 200! I am glad I finally found it again, I really enjoy hearing about how you involve your son in a lot of your daily activities. :)

Laura