Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Love Montana

Here are some photos that I took on our way to Missoula yesterday. I think you will be able to see why I love living in a small Montana town so much even though the nearest Wal-mart and Joann's is an hour away (hey, it helps prevent impulse spending, right?) ; )

I love these rock formations on the way to Butte. Yesterday, they were made even more beautiful by the dark clouds and rainbow. See it? Unfortunately, rainbows always seem to turn out fainter in photos than in real life.

Raindrops on the windshield...When I first moved to Montana, I thought the brown hills were about the ugliest things I had ever seen. Now I have learned to enjoy the beauty of the many shades of browns and blues melded together so seamlessly. (I even used all browns and blues for my blog, so the Montana blues-and-browns must be rubbing off on me!) In the spring, when the brown hills are lush and green, if you are in the right spot it almost looks like pictures you'd see of Ireland, or depending on where you are, of Scotland.

I loved the contrast between the dark clouds up ahead and the blue sky (you can't see too much of the blue, but believe me, it was lovely!) In the larger version of this picture on my computer, you can see a tractor and hay bales.
I must go. Little Man is stirring, and I want to make up for all the time with him that I missed last night and this morning! ; )

3 comments:

Raise Them Up said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them, and I'm glad you had a nice time at the concert. I've never been to Montana, but I think I would like it.

Tammie said...

:D i hadn't noticed all the blues and browns before.

Kate @ A Simple Walk said...

Beautiful pictures! I have always wanted to visit Montana, and now I do even more!