Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lists and lists

We are hoping to leave on vacation this Friday. I say "hoping" because we might have to postpone out trip at the last minute because of health. The plan is to leave on a lovely long road trip to western Oregon and eastern Washington to visit friends and family and to enjoy breathtaking scenery that is not our own every-day Montana beauty. I can't wait to see the Oregon coast again!

In preparation, I've made lists and more lists. I thought for a minute that I had lost them yesterday, and that was a little (just a little) scary. But I hadn't. Here's what I'm hoping to get done today and tomorrow:

~Eat leftovers and clean out the fridge
~Clean the house. Ideally this would include vacuuming, sweeping/mopping, and cleaning the bathroom. I don't think that's going to happen, so I'll probably be fairly satisfied with a tidying and quickly hitting the worst spots.
~Teach two music lessons.
~Wash a couple of loads of laundry.
~Pack all of our stuff
~Bake pasties to eat on the go.
~Make granola bars for snacks.
~Turn my brown bananas into muffins.
~Boil eggs.
~Mend three pairs of pants and a shirt.
~Mail Father's Day card
~Take care of Little Man.

I'm praying for wisdom to know what is reasonable to try to accomplish. I don't want to start the vacation exhausted because I didn't know when to stop. Anyway, off I go to (calmly) plunge into my whirl of preparations. ; )

2 comments:

Journeying Five said...

i find my list of things to do gets severly editted as the day of departure approaches! hope you get all the essentials and extras done!

stitching under oaks said...

lists help me so much....I hope it works out that you'll be able to go. Sounds like a wonderful trip.