Friday, June 5, 2009

Words, words, words

This has been a longer hiatus than usual. I've missed blogging. There are all sorts of thoughts forming in my active brain waiting to be formed into written words, wanting to be spilled onto a blank page (or document, as the case may be). I think of and mentally write multiple blog posts every day. I'm hoping to catch up on documenting some of them in the next few days. There just may be quite a barrage of posts coming from my direction. ; )

In a related though not directly connected note, I want to share a verse that I've been thinking about lately. It has forced me to examine my communication, written and spoken, and has challenged me to new levels of awareness and growth. This is my goal:

“Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word, nor unwholesome or worthless talk ever come out of your mouth, but only such speech as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God's favor) to those who hear it.” (Ephesians 4:30, AMP)

2 comments:

Journeying Five said...

quite the challenge to live out day by day!

Tammie said...

a good reminder.