Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Monday Menu-late again


We made one of our whirlwind weekend trips to see Benjamin's parents and sister last weekend. It was fun but exhausting. We arrived home extremely late after a jam packed weekend immediately following a bout with the flu (yes, you read that right, and no, we can't seem to stay well around here). Posting about this week's menu completely slipped my mind yesterday (along with a few other things) as I coped with sleep deprivation and getting errands done.

Here is what I'm planning on cooking this week:

M-frozen pizza and a simple green salad
T-For home group tonight I'm making dessert. I think I'll try carrot cake cookies. I'm going to make a double batch and hope that not too many people come because I just know they'll be tasty enough that I'll want left overs.
W-French dip sandwiches on home made rolls with some kind of veggie.
Th-Grilled chicken salad. Our grill is up and running again, and I'm very excited to incorporate grilled yumminess into our meals again!
F-Heading to a friend's birthday party
S-Baking my dad's birthday cake.

Menu-ing tip: Vary what you cook based on what is in season. Vegetables that are in season are fresher and cheaper, plus it's fun to celebrate changing seasons with different foods.

What are you making this week?

No comments: