Saturday, July 10, 2010

moments and milestones

Brother has figured out that he can reach up and "help" play the piano.

Little Man loves to build.
Last week he and Grandpa built a marvelous house
out of Lincoln logs.

Little Man enjoyed his first real fireworks show last weekend. When he saw a particularly brilliant pink one, he exclaimed: "That's a girly firework!"

Little Man came into the room where I was and announced that he had made a double boiler out of a pot and a bowl. Concerned that he had been raiding the cabinets, I went to check. What I saw was a bowl-like bath toy stacked on top of a pot-like stacking cup. Inside the "bowl" part of the double boiler, he had placed several small toys. Who knows, maybe someday he'll be a chef.

We were setting out on a walk, and I was pushing Brother's stroller when Little Man looked up at me and said, "But I need to hold your hand!"

Little Man has started stating happily at random times throughout the day: "This has been such a good day!"

Brother (angrily): "WAAAAHHHHH! WAAAAAHHHHH!" Little Man (soothingly): "Here is a tissue for you. You're going to be okay."

Brother distinctly said "banana" yesterday. In addition, I'm pretty sure he said "Gam-ma" as he crawled to my mom, and he may have even said "Grandpa" at another time.

1 comment:

Laura Railing said...

too cute :-) What a great big brother Ian is. That was cute about the tissue! It's fun to read the milestones you post.