Sunday, November 7, 2010

baby quilt

Yesterday I got to go to a baby shower. It was a lot of fun. There were tasty treats, fun games, and time to catch up with old friends and make new ones. I even won one of the games and was awarded a cheerful tote bag.

I doubt that you'll be surprised to know that my gift was a cozy flannel baby quilt. I'm still working on using up my flannel scraps, and when I found out that these friends' baby girl was due in December, I knew that the unusual but beautiful combination of burgundy, dusty pink, and blue snowflakes would be perfect. I am delighted with how it turned out and am so glad that our friends loved it too.

P. S. I'm still loving free motion quilting these baby quilts. Each one turns out better than the last; soon I'll be trying designs other than stippling!

1 comment:

stitching under oaks said...

what a beautiful gift. I still have a baby quilt that someone gifted to me when one of my babes was born. that is sure to be treasured.