Wednesday, April 13, 2011

can't get enough

A few of the special things that as I parent I never seem to tire of:

~Sweet voices lifted in song.
~Peals of unreserved laughter.
~New words, carefully pronounced.
~Being called "Muver."
~"I love you Mama." "You're nice." And "I like you, Mama."
~"I'm glad you made it."

~Little toes, wrinkled from the bath, dirty from play, or thumping across the floor.
~Small yet sturdy hands nestled in mine.
~Complexity of color and depth of expression in blue and brown eyes.
~Curls and cowlicks.
~Lap-snuggles
~"I missed you!"
~Brothers playing sweetly together.
~Big hugs and sticky kisses.

~Sleeping boys, noise and motion for a moment stilled to relaxed forms, even breathing, peaceful faces.
~Sweet just-awakened smiles.

2 comments:

Tammie said...

oh, i love it all. you have captured in words and photos some of the perfections of having little ones in our lives. <3

Erin said...

So beautiful, and absolutely a shared sentiment (though I'm called "mama") :) Your belly makes me want another baby. So sweet.