Tuesday, April 10, 2012

four-and-a-half

Little Man's four-and-a-half "birthday" flew by in March.  I intended to write a post about then, but somehow I overlooked it until this week.  Here is a little interview I did with him.  It wasn't one of his more articulate days, but that's okay.

Me: What are some of your favorite things?
Little Man: Just that I'm four-and-a-half.

Me: What is your favorite color?
Little Man: Orange. Mom, I like all kinds of colors.

Me: What is your favorite food?
Little Man: Uh...sweet onions.
Me: Sweet onions?
Little Man: Yes, sweet onions that you cook. And oranges, Mom. And apples. And bananas. Aaaand the last one is chocolate.
Me: Mmmm...chocolate is a good one.

Me: What are your favorite toys?
Little Man: My big dump truck and my monster truck from Christmas and my Duncan [train] and my Lightning McQueen.
Me: Anything else?
Little Man: Aaaand...no.

Me: Do you like to do art projects?
Little Man: Yes.
Me: What are your favorite things to make?
Little Man: That's all. Actually...I don't know.
Me: Do you like to color?
Little Man: Yep.

Me: What is your favorite thing to do with dad?
Little Man: Watch him play his two new [computer] games.
Me: What else?
Little Man: That's all!
Me: What about golfing?
Little Man: Golfing too! The other day we had fun.

Me: What is your favorite thing to do with me?
Little Man:Watch you paint your toenails and put your stickers on them.

Me: What about Brother? What do you like to do with him?
Little Man: Share my toys with him.  And Brother shares his toys with me. That's really good.
Me: Yes, it is! What kind of things do you like to pretend together?
Little Man: Like I'm being a penguin. A sea penguin. Do we have a veedio [video] of sea pengins?
Me: We checked one out from the library a while ago.
Little Man: Can we watch it?
Me: Well, no, because we had to take it back.

Me: How about Sweet Pea?
Little Man: Play with her.
Me: How do you play with her?
Little Man: Sweetly. And share my toys with her.

Me: Can you tell me about some of your friends.
Little Man: Kaitlyn, Tyson, and Decker.
Me: What do you do with them?
Little Man: Play.

Me: Can you tell me what your favorite thing to do outside is?
Little Man: Play in the sandbox.
Me: What about stacking firewood?
Little Man: Good. It's kinda hard. The big ones, very big ones are hard.
Me: But are you strong enough to pick them up and stack them even though they're big?
Little Man: I can't pick them up all the way, but I can pick them up part of the way. And I can roll them too.

Me: What do you think of your new room?
Little Man: I think it's cool looking.  Even though it's tiring up on the top bunk, I think it's pretty.
Me: Why is the top bunk tiring?
Little Man: Because of the aliens.
Me: What aliens?
Little Man: In the little holes.
Me: You do know that aliens aren't real, right?
Little Man: Yeah.

Me: What is your favorite thing to wear?
Little Man: My moose shirt!

Me: Do you want to tell me anything else you like right now?
Little Man: No. But can I play PBS kids?

1 comment:

Debi said...

Great interview! I have a four year old grandson and I love the answers he gives to questions. You never know what they are going to say. Thanks for sharing.