Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday menu

Woah. Writing one of these is like a blast from the past. It's been so long since I've done a structured menu plan. I think I mentioned already that I feel like I'm finally coming out of the pregnancy haze, and I think I may be getting into the rhythm of having four little ones.

Part of what threw me off in the first place was starting to get Bountiful Baskets. Now, Bountiful Baskets are fantastic; however, not knowing what vegetables I would have to work with until Saturday evening forced me to change which days I did my planning and shopping. Also, I've had to adjust to planning meals around the vegetables instead of around the meat or carbohydrate I was serving. It's been a very healthy change. But it's been just that: A Change. And since I'm a creature of habit (who was battling morning sickness at the time), I just gave up.

All of that rambling to say that I've changed my shopping day and my method of figuring what out to cook, and I'm ready to change my neglect of menu planning too. Without further ado, here's what I'm planning for this week.

M-stir fry over rice (I'll cook extra rice to be used through the rest of the week.)
T-Pasta with pesto and salad on the side
W-Chickpea casserole and leftover salad
Th-Vegetarian chili and hopefully fresh rolls
F-Ratatouille's Ratatouille (This is a new one for me.)
S-Black Bean and Brown Rice Cakes (another new one) and roasted veggies

What's cooking at your place this week? Do you have any ideas for using massive amounts of celery?

1 comment:

Tammie said...

What a tasty-looking menu!