Wednesday, June 19, 2013

summer

I don't really like summer.
Sure, there are aspects of summer that I love,
but the heat just sucks my life out.
Plus I have seasonal allergies,
and I never know what to cook when it's hot.

I'm trying to stay focused on the good things, though,
because life is so much nicer when you're not whining.

Here are some of the fun things we've been up to:

Little Man saved up his money and bought himself a new bike!
We're working on learning to ride without training wheels now.

Their enjoyment of the kiddie pool is infectious!
The sprinkler is great too.
I take my turn running through it,
but there's no photographic evidence. :)

Our popsicle love is still going strong.

left to right:
cherry lemonade
tropical trio (banana, pineapple, and coconut milk)
fruit-salad-sicles (bits of melon and strawberry in pineapple juice)

I'm having so much fun
learning as much as I can as fast as possible
about jewelry making.
Now I just have to figure out how to take better pictures
of the stuff I make.

sweet tea
(Who says mugs have to be reserved for the hot liquids.
I heart my mug collection all year long.)


We're seeing how far we can get through the Little House series
for the summer library reading program.

It was that time again.
Time to upcycle the dirty, broken crayon bits
into bright, fresh heart crayons.

Not pictured:
Planting flowers
Date nights with Ben
(Motorcycle ride and a picnic with a view! Also Star Trek.)
Dairy Queen
Vanquishing organizing projects
and completely rethinking my laundry system.
(Both much more fun after the fact.)
Road trip to Washington with Mum and the kids.
Enrolling Little Man in school
Autumn vacation planning

1 comment:

schullerfamily said...

I'm so glad to see you're making jewelry! Love your earrings. Trying to still find my jewelry supplies in a box. Aghhhhh